Monday, January 3, 2011

Good Babies!

Tonight was puppy class number one. The timing for me to get from work, to home, and into the city - is well, tight. But sooooo worth it! I'm so proud of Luke and Diva tonight! They are awesome! I had enough time to get my chores done, eat a grilled cheese, run the pups around the yard to try to encourage them to pee, and leave.

Once in the city, I carefully navigated and tried to find the place. Unfortunately, the address on the website was incorrect. Sigh. So when the class is about to begin I'm sitting in some industrial area madly scrolling through my BlackBerry trying to find the correct address. Sigh. Once found, I wrote it down and then begin to try and navigate to a different industrial section. This was not fun. It took me a stinking 40 minutes to actually find the place! Once there, we unloaded the pups, ran them to a snow bank where Luke peed, and peed, and peed, and peed. I was sooooo happy the little gaffer held it and didn't mess in the truck! Remember he's not housebroke.

Once in the class, both pups were wonderful. Luke was a bit more assertive and gave a couple of big barks, but within minutes both settled in, relaxed and got into learning mode. For farm dogs, who have had a limited amount of exposure to different things they were troopers. Diva, is super smart, eager to please, and soft. She was so easy tonight! Luke has a bit more attitude but it is still pretty darn easy to get him to do what you want.

Afterwards, we played in the snowbank, had another pee and drove home. They are becoming seasoned travelers. I'm a bit stunned at how sweet these guys are. You always hope for it - but reality means it doesn't always happen.

I can't wait to keep working with them to see how they continue to develop!

No comments: