It appears I had forgotten about my little furry lovelies and was spending too much time doing things I don't love so much, as well as focussing on the negatives of having said furry lovelies (expense).
Horses, What I Love About You:
- I love how Izzy follows me around.
- I love how after 8 weeks of no handling I can put on a halter, and the farrier can completing trim all four feet with no issues with a horse who had been running free 3 months ago.
- I love how Izzy's color changes with the seasons.
- I love the horsey smell as Whiskey puts her nose up to my face.
- I love how I can walk away and return to have my farrier trimming Whiskey's feet with no one holding the rope.
- I love how agile Roxy is, even in pastern deep mud!
- I love the plush softness of the horse's coats under their manes.
- I love watching the two yearlings grow.
- I love pulling up to the house after work and have the horses and sheep run into the corral to greet me.
- I love how the horses go to their own buckets for their grain.
- I love how the sheep walk under Whiskey and she just stands there.
- I love the feel of a good ride.
- I love the wind in my hair when galloping through the field.
Dogs, What I Love About You:
- I love Reba's bright eyes and lop-sided ears.
- I love Joe's toothy (well, kinda toothy) smile as he looks up at me when I pet him.
- I love Tessa's howl of joy when I come home.
- I love how Bella leans up against my legs, then flops at my feet.
- I love how smart they are.
- I love Bella's silky softness when I pet her.
- I love how Joe's hair crimps in the hair - kinda reminds me of how you used to see girls crimp their hair in the eighties.
- I love Reba's squeaks of happiness when I come home.
- I love how Bella, giant sized dog, can run in such little circles while doing her mad racing patterns.
- I love Reba's red mud flaps (hairs along hind legs).
- I love how Tessa is always up for a game.
- I love how Tessa groans her pleasure when chewing a toy.
- I love how Bella tries to play tug but never quite gets the game.
- I love how Reba, Bella and Joe play with such abandon.
- I love how they make me laugh.
But most of all....
I love how they love me.