Saturday, March 12, 2011

Vet Visit

This morning I loaded up the truck and Oscar, Ryder and I made our way to the vet clinic. Oscar needed his kitten shots, and a re-check for mites. Ryder has been really bugging his ears. I couldn't see anything but I wanted to get them checked out as they are the floppy type which are more prone to having issues. It turns out he has some "debris" and ear mites. Because he's a Border Collie, Sam couldn't use the ivemectin she usually uses for mites. (It'll kill a collie.) Instead she's ordering in some other drug to give to him. She was very, very impressed with how nice he was.

I, being the person that I am, asked her about the animal communicator thing. I told her what information I'd been given. Sam - bless her soul - is an open minded and willing vet. She has been Tess's vet from day one, and adores her. This deterioration has been hard on her too. After listening, she gave me the go ahead to try the herbs if I want. She also plans to run some more tests to try and narrow things down, and is willing to monkey around with the meds Tess is on to try and find the most effective fit.

I told her I didn't want to be unreasonable, but I was willing to exhaust every option available to us. When I told her if I had to I'd do the right thing for Tessa, she looked at me, and responded with that day will be a very difficult day.

I feel more at peace now. I trust Sam implicitly. I know she'll work her arse off to do the best thing for my dog. I know she'll give me honest and unbiased answers to my questions, and I know when the time comes she'll be holding my hand helping me make tough decisions.

No comments: