Thursday, July 23, 2009

I've Gotta Be Crazy!

I've decided that life is too short to regret and wish you could have done things differently.  Yeller has always "called" to me and I should have bought him at the time.  I fully and completely regret not doing this.  So I'm buying a new horse.  A yearling that I really don't need.  But she calls to me.  There is something about her that I just like.  I've decided I don't want to be thinking about her in a years time wishing I had bought her.  I'm taking a chance and if she doesn't work out then I can always sell her.

The past couple of weeks I've been thinking about the reality of owning two same aged babies.  The reality of the expense involved in starting two three year olds, in showing two horses at the same time.  I think if I stagger their starts I can manage it.  Because I want these horses to go to the Canadian Supreme I will be picky in choosing who will start them and guide both them -and me- on our journey.  Babies are unpredictable and who knows how this is going to turn out.  But it'll sure keep life interesting!  

My new girl needs a name.  She's very quiet and friendly, the first to walk up to you in the field.  She won't be big - probably around the 14.3 mark.  And yes - better pics to follow once I get her home. :)  Check out her pedigree (AQHA papers pending.)

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Sorry, missed this post! I get to play now! She looks cute...curious if it is just the picture and funky angle of her front right?

Okay... the first one that came to mind is kind of...well... it's...

Hollywood Hooker! LOL sorry... but it was the first that popped in to my head.

My next thought was just the opposite!

Lady...

I've always like the simple name Lady... sounds classy and like you expect her to act like a Lady. I had a really good dog once named Lady.... and it's kind of like Ladies and Gentleman...she is double bred Easter Gentleman)

Jac's Easter Lady

Lady and the Jac (like Lady and the Tramp to play off the Hooker part of her pedigree)

Play on the color of her coat...that platinum look of old hollywood... Tinsel Town...

Ol' Hollywood Tinsel

Platinum Princess

Hey! That makes me think of a pic I just saw of Scarlett Johanssen dressed in old hollywood glam that looks like your mare!! (color of her dress) LOL ...


http://l.yimg.com/a/i/ca/lifestyle/jul09/scarlett.jpg

You could call her Scarlett...

Hollywood's Scarlett

Jac's Tinseltown Scarlett....

Ok... I didnt say I was good at this game! I just said I like it! lol... sorry... that's all I came up with:)

Towonda! That is my last thought! Like in Fried Green Tomatoes when she says "Towanda!!" It kind of means... Like.... "Screw it all anyways! I'm just going for it!!"
Kind of what the horse thing is all about.

I Say Towanda!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZhmZxPWni0

word verification: Wantiona!!