Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Huntress

Moxie has been on a hunting spree.  While Bella was out of commission and in jail by the house, Moxie would deliver her buddy special "treats".  I like to think the cat was trying to cheer up the dog much the way you bring treats to someone in a hospital.  (Bella was spayed 12 days ago.)  

I've learned to watch where I step as more than once I've done the foot jerk as I realize there is a dead bird/mouse/creature on the sidewalk.  Last night I went to put Bella to bed.  Bella decided she wanted to sleep in the shed in her straw nest, as I went to shut the gate I discovered another of Moxie's treasures.  To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what it is.  It's big, kinda looks like a mouse but isn't.  Perhaps it's a mole or muskrat.  (Alberta is supposedly rat free.)  Whatever it was it gave me the heebie jeebies! *shudder*  As I was looking for and adding the links to pictures I realized the thing was clearly not a mole but could be a gopher, only the tail seemed, well, rat like.  If I was a gruesome person I would post a picture of the dead thing and ask for suggestions.  *Heh*

Each day I stumble across some new, dead creature.  I must admit I appreciate Moxie's diligence in keeping the place vermin free, I just wish she'd cease and desist in bringing her prizes to the high traffic areas.