Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dog Cookies

The weather out here has been frightful.
The roads not very delightful.

Well, I've decided to replenish my supply of dog cookies. Which are of course homemade. So in the spirit of sharing I'm posting Tessa's Favourite Cookie recipe.

1 1/2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Warm Water
1 3/4 Cup flour
1 1/4 Cup Oatmeal
1/3 Cup grated "real" cheese (cheddar) or 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter.

Mix dry goods with wet goods. Roll into approximately 1 1/2 inch width. Roll into wax paper and refrigerate until firm. (Overnight works.) Slice into approximately 1/4 inch deep slices. Bake in oven at 300 for 50 minutes. This cookie is quite hard.

Because there are no preservatives, I put them in Ziploc baggies and freeze them. Only taking out a few at a time. Then when feeding them I break them into smaller bits.

Tessa goes crazy for this treat. All my dogs love them and I use them often for training.

No comments: