Friday, January 2, 2009

Crazy Talk














I'm not sure if it's the cold weather. I'm not sure if it's the fact I've got the flu. All I know is the last week I've had this intense urge to call up a girl I know who is selling her dog and ask to try it. This would not be a big deal if I didn't already have 3 horses, 3 dogs and a cat. However, the paycheck has been stretched a bit thin these past months because Tessa's surgery put me into the red. In addition, the simple time factor needs to be considered. I only have so much time to devote to my animals, and I have strong feelings about just leaving things sit.

But Tell is a really nice dog. Really nice. He's one of those dogs that's pretty quiet and honest. He seems to give his best effort each time out. Granted he was well handled. But he's still a nice dog. He's also got a $3000.00 price tag. Sigh. I keep thinking I should just sell Buddy (horse) who's a very nice horse. But is going to be big (should mature around 16hh) and I was wanting to move more into the cutting end of things. I do think he has a wicked amount of potential, plus he's flashy and bred well with a brave and honest nature. However, he doesn't fit my program.

In February Buddy goes to my trainer friend Grant. I'm thinking depending on how he develops I may see if I can unload him. If I get the right price then I just may go look at Tell (even though I'm not really into male dogs). But then again perhaps I won't. Crazy talk I know.

First photo: Reba and Bella playing. Second photo: Buddy

No comments: