Saturday, October 22, 2011

What To Do??

Sam (my vet) came out today.  Whiskey has been moving a lot better so I wanted to get her assessed to see if she would be able to make a riding come back.  Sam watched her move.  Then we did the flex test.  It was ugly.  While "off" normally, when the flex test was done she was clearly lame.  Because I wanted to know and asked Sam thought she'd have a less than 50% chance in making a riding horse for me.  I could hop on her and take her for jaunts around the field but she'd never be able to do anything beyond that.

So now what?  I have this lovely mare who is broodmare sound.  But I don't really need a broodmare.  I don't really need (or want) a bunch of foals.  Does she become a field ornament?  It seems a shame as Guinness is quite a nice little foal.  (Even Sam commented on him!)  What's the right thing to do?  For me, and her?

I guess there's some thinking in my future...

No comments: