Saturday, March 13, 2010

Frustrated

One thing I find fully and completely frustrating are the people who place ads on places like Kijiji seeking advice.  Things like Dear anonymous reader my horse is lame what do I do?  Or Dear anonymous reader my horse bucks and I just can't figure out how to stop it.  Please, oh please, tell me what to do.

Are these people truly so clueless that they don't see how inappropriate this is?  Is this not what a vet, farrier or trainer are for?  And quite frankly if they are not willing to spend the money to have their horse evaluated by the appropriate professional then I wonder why on earth they even have the horse in the first place.  Horses by nature are not cheap creatures to maintain.

Today I read just such an ad on Kijiji and my advice was for them to call a vet.  For crying out loud - it sounded like the horse had foundered, and this my friends is how horses end up as dog food.  Grrrr!

No comments: