Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Controlled Chaos

Controlled chaos was four dogs having a fun and fabulous time playing.  The controlled part was little old me standing in the middle of it all.  The chaos was four dogs simultaneously doing what they wanted at full speed.  

This afternoon I had rushed home after work.  It was a wonderful day and I knew my darlings had been cooped up for far too long.  I was in the house long enough to change my pants and to switch out my "town" shoes for my manure coated Baffin's.  As I approached the dog runs there was a wild spurt of wiggling, wagging and whining.  My normal routine is to make them sit quietly before I'll open their gates, but with the standing water and mud I gave them a reprieve.  And as such had two black and white bullets shoot out.  You could virtually hear it, "Freedom!" (*think Mel Gibson* in the movie I can't pull up.)  

I quickly did my horse chores and moved the dogs out of temptations way by heading towards the front of the house.  The front lawn is not a normal doggy play area, but had a wonderful covering of slushy snow - perfect for things like fetch.  And there I was taking turns throwing the rubber ring for Tessa and playing tug with the same ring with Reba, all the while Joey and Bella race mad circles around us interspersed with wrestling breaks.  

It was fabulous!!  I think my face was going to split in two I was smiling so hard.  Feeling peckish, I took a dinner break before heading out to play some more.  The dogs had a great time.  I had a great time.  It was an afternoon well spent.

No comments: