Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Pet Peeve

While this is slightly off my normal way of doing things one of my greatest pet peeves occurs during this time of year. I fully and completely hate it when people give animals as Christmas presents. All too often when the cute little puppy or kitten becomes an adolescent full of vim and vigor they become casualties of the house. Ending up in pounds or dumped to fend for themselves.

An animal is not something to bring into your household as a whim. They are long term commitments that cost money to maintain and time to train and care for. I strongly encourage anyone considering getting a pet, spend some time at the SPCA, talk to qualified professionals. Become educated animal owners before you bring your adorable bundle of joy home. Before you even commit to your cute bundle of joy.

Okay - I'm done venting.

No comments: