- Exercise: While sad, the only way that I know how to heal my bruised self-concept is to exercise. It's one way I've had in the past in dealing with issues and it will be my crutch for the future. I'm planning on entering the 10k Melissa's Road Race. The registration for the race is usually in February and it will give me something to focus on. I'd love to train for a marathon but just don't have time until I'm done University. I'd also like to either join a recreational sport league or take some classes. Time becomes a factor because I get resentful when I'm away from my dogs too much. I also took my measurements and I'll weigh myself at the farm when I go that way today. This way I'll have some data to compare.
- 365 Day Challenge: Last year my friend told me about this challenge where you take one picture every day for a year. This year I think I'd like to try it. I'll start a separate blog for it. Again, it gives me something to focus on and think about.
- Dogs: My doggy goal this year is to get both Diva and Ryder "finished" on stock. As in, we can go to competitions finished. Not much will happen in the winter because we have too much snow in the fields and I'll be dependent on driving them places to work them on stock. I also plan to continue on with doing some basic training - obedience or trick - each night. I think it'll be good for all of us.
- Horses: Guinness needs to get started. Based on how sassy he is in the field I'm predicting that he won't be the easiest guy to get going under saddle. Let's hope I'm wrong. I don't know what I'll do with Bugsy yet. If I don't "click" with her in the summer I'll re-home her. I've already put some thought into who I'd give her to.
- Family and Friends: I'll admit I'm something of a hermit. I don't really feel the need to socialize all that much and I'm quite awkward in social settings. That being said I'm going to make an effort this year to stay connected with friends and to spend more time with family. Not just my parents "family" but my brothers and their children as well. This year I maybe saw my brothers 3-4 times. Their children basically don't know me. I need to make more of an effort to connect with them and to spend time with them. I need to make an effort to call friends and to do things with them.
- University: I will finish my research by June and write my capstone paper in July and August. I am desperate to be done with this! This working full time and going to school part time is very stressful.
- Religion: I feel the need to reconnect. I plan to start going to church again. I was raised in a very religious home, but have lost touch with my faith while remaining very spiritual.
I will work on these things this year.