Sunday, November 4, 2012

Moxie Moves In And Assorted Acreage Announcements

With my hay in my barn I was worrying about mice and had begun the process of investigating cats.  After much thought I made the decision to move the kitties here.  A couple of weeks ago my parents noticed that Oscar went missing.  He hasn't returned which in farm cat world is an ominous sign.  This weekend I moved Moxie into my barn.  I set her up with a heated water bucket, food, litter tray, and a styrofoam cat house.  My little barn is insulated with south facing windows so it doesn't get crazy cold.  

She's a bit uncertain with and chatty, but seems to be settling in well.  I'm just happy to have a star mouser in charge of keeping my barn vermin free.  



Guinness is growing like a weed.  He's maintaining a nice going into winter weight.  I was thinking he was around 14 hh, until I was at a friend's looking at their stick.  He's probably closer to 14.2 or 14.3 and bum high right now!


Teaser Alert!
More horse news coming soon!