Friday, December 23, 2011

Ooo! Ooooh! I Gotta Plan!

A stroke of brilliance came upon me as I was driving home yesterday.  (While I was listening to that song that goes "Ooooo!  Oh!  I gotta feeling!")  *humming*  I need... er.... want a buddy for Guinness.  I also need to pay for school.  This was putting me in a bit of a quandary.  But in a moment of genius it occurred to me that my buddy Ken has a gazillion horses.

Tonight I called him up and outlined my plan.  Surprised he was happy to agree (once he realized it wouldn't cost him anything).  I'll be driving to Drayton Valley to pick up one of his yearlings.  I'll keep it here, play with it when I play with Guinness, and give it lot's of regular handling.  When he's ready to start we can switch it out with something different.  This is optimal for me.  It won't cost me anything and solves my problem of having Guinness either live alone or having to buy something to keep him company.

An absolute win-win situation as far as I'm concerned.  Now cross your fingers that this wonderful mild weather we're having here stays!

No comments: