Friday, November 11, 2011

Lest We Forget

Today is Remembrance Day here.  Today is the day we take a moment to think about and remember those soldiers who have fallen.  For some it's just a day off work.  For me, it's a day that tugs at the heart strings.  It's a day that can strike a little too close to home.  I have friends, and extended family that are either active military or former military.  These are people who have served my country.  They have gone to strife filled countries to try and stabilize them so they too could enjoy some of the rights and freedoms I take for granted here.  These brave men and women will ensure I'll continue to enjoy the life I lead.  They are the people who have stepped up and are willing to go forth for my country.  For that reason they'll forever have my undying respect and appreciation.

When I was in France I walked the trenches of Vimy Ridge, now a serene pock marked park.  Let's not forget the sacrifices our soldiers have made.  Let's not forget that there are families who are short brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers.

Lest We Forget....