Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Sneak

This weekend my brother and sister-in-law, along with their 6 month old German Wire Hair Pointer (Kobe) came to visit.  We had been sitting in the kitchen having coffee before Eric and Crystal left to go home and the dogs had been enjoying some free time in the yard playing.  As Eric and Crystal began loading up their car all the dogs with the exception of Reba continued with their wild ways.

Crystal called me down stairs.  You see, Reba had snuck into the house and they couldn't get her out.  As I walked around the doorway she went into hiding.  Finally, I sat down and called her to come for a treat.  Which she did.  It was very strange.  She curled up on the floor beside me and put her head in my lap.  Later, once Eric and Crystal left, I left her in the house.  All she did was lie down near the door and chew on one of Tessa's left over rawhide pieces.  

Finally kicking her out, I went to change into my running clothes planning on taking her and Joey on my jaunt today.  But the phone rang, and the person on the other side was someone I hadn't visited with in a long time.  Sitting on my bed I began to catch up.  Only to hear this whining sound.  Looking around I see Tessa sound asleep by the bed - and no noise coming from her.  Opening my blinds I see Reba sitting up against my window crying.  (Walk out basement, so in my room the window is level with the ground.)  She must have heard me talking and came to the window.  When I asked her what was wrong she put her paw up against the glass.  

So once again I go to the door and let her in.  Once in she didn't want to follow me, she was quite content hanging out in the boot room.  Even when we finally got going on our run she was "off".  Not her normal spunky self.  I have to wonder what made her feel so clingy and needy.  It could be the disruption in routine with Kobe here.  It could be I'm just not giving her enough attention.  And it could be plain bad behavior.  What do you think?

No comments: