Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Itch

I was sitting around bored waiting until it was late enough to take Tessa outside so I thought I'd kill some time on the computer.  Whoops!  I stumbled across a couple of horsey blogs and they made me feel so nostalgic and edgy and just irritable.  I want to go riding!  Now!  I want my old Arab show horse I could just hop up on and go with.  I want Whiskey to be sound.  I want the cowy gelding at Grant's.  I want, I want, I want!  

I want to be in good enough shape to ride the colts without fear and flopping.  I want to have all the time in the world to ride and play with the horses and dogs.  With my schedule I won't actually be able to make it out to Grant's until March 14 - that's 3 weeks from now.  That means I have 3 more weeks of doing the work and none of the fun with the horses.  I sat down and figured it out - its actually been 9 months since I've last rode.  I genuinely cannot remember the last time I went this long without it.  Unfortunately my life has just been a comedy of errors getting in the way.

Well, on the bright side, at least I'll be able to play with the dogs.  Okay - I'm done with my pout.  Note to self - don't read blogs when tired!

No comments: