Thursday, February 19, 2009

Damn Ram

Norm's ram has been taking great delight in making my life miserable. Normally when I go out into the corrals I do not carry a stockman's cane or stick. But I'm really starting to feel annoyed when I have to dip, dive and jump to avoid the ram. You see, the ram has decided to chase me. I don't actually have to be anywhere near him or feed, he'll come find me. I've started making Tessa stay with me so when the ram takes a run at me I sic her on him.

I first realized the ram was not nice when I was working Reba. As the sheep moved towards me the ram started shaking his head at me, even taking a jump at me. I passed it off as we were pestering the sheep and he had cause to be annoyed. However, one morning after opening their gate to the hay, while walking the opposite direction from the hay, I looked behind me to see the ram trotting behind me with an evil glint in his eye. Shrieking for Tessa I leaped towards the fence. As the ram accelerated towards me, Tessa came diving under the fence, turning him back toward the rest of the sheep and the hay.

I've decided I really do not like this creature. It adds a heart pumping element to going out to work the sheep (or even do chores). Will or will not the ram take me out today...

1 comment:

GreenRanchingMom said...

That's why we don't have those things! They have always been mean to me, (and I'm scared of em) Carry the stick, and maybe he'll get the idea! That and the dog are your best protection. (if that dam ram wants to live)