Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Having Fun

Diva has moved on to the next Agility level. She's so funny at these classes (minus her bad behavior towards others), when it comes to the obstacles she's Diva the Bold. She really seems to enjoy it. And I enjoy watching her expressions. She gets so pleased and proud of herself when she accomplishes something. Next week, I'll try to get Lynn to take some pictures.

One thing we need to work on is her wait. It's abysmal. That and her stay. The moment I move, she pops, or crawls, or sits, or slithers. Sometimes she even rolls. Any way you look at it, she doesn't stay in the command asked of her. That's my focus for her this week. Getting a solid wait and a solid stay. She's super smart so this should come with some work - pending how willing she is.

Another fun thing I recently did was show my students some dog dance sport. They had finished watching Marmaduke at lunchtime and the ending involved dancing dogs. Now you can imagine the astonished faces when I showed them real dancing dogs. They loved it. For your viewing pleasure I've included one of the better links to some great YouTube videos. The first one is from Britain's Got Talent. The second one is a random dancing dog. Hilarious. (This is for Sherry - the dancing inspiration!)

3 comments:

MTWaggin said...

You are hilarious just hilarious!!!! The link for random didn't work but I figured it out and watched - I'm off to post it to FB to share with my other dancing buddies. Funny girl!

Country Girl said...

I fixed the link. Or go to YouTube and search Salsa Dancing Dog. Awesome!!

My kids were inspired. A whole new generation of dancing dogs coming up...

The Wright Mommy said...

OMG! Hilarious!