Sunday, May 30, 2010


Choices can be a tough thing.  With Whiskey moving into the permanent lame category I've had to make some tough decisions.  One being even with her skin allergies to make the attempt to breed her.  Philosophically, I'm opposed to making that decision but I'm even more opposed to putting her down or having her sit in a field and do nothing for the next 15 years.

I've even had to make contingency plans.  If Whiskey stays and becomes a broodmare, someone else must go.  There is a limit to time and financial resources.  I've also decided that if she doesn't catch I'm going to give her to my farrier who adores her.  

I hate making these choices.  And I wish it would be possible to wave the magic wand and fix everything.

1 comment:

The Canadian said...

Wish I had a magic wand!!!