Sunday, March 9, 2014

Country Mouse, City House

Hello??


Hello??

Sorry, I know it's been awhile...

What can I say... I was tapped out.  Tired and over busy.  Creativity dried up...

I can genuinely say that my creativity isn't all back but there is hope.  Glimmers of it popping up unexpectedly.  You could say I've been at a cross roads the last month or so.  My Honey and I have had some pretty intense discussions over the future.  Let me be clear.  Once I dig in and decide on something, nothing and no-one can change my mind.  I am not an easily led individual. 

Ready??

Well, expect the unexpected.  After much thought and weighing of options, I sold my acreage (sold in less than 24 hours and over list price.) and purchased a new house in the nearby town/city.  There are many reasons for the move.  All of them valid.  We did look at other acreages.  Unfortunately I live in a hot and expensive commuter area and anything decent is out of my (our) price range. 

You could say I'm at a cross roads.  What happens when an intensily country oriented person moves to the city?  I have lived in the country for the bulk of my life.  I have no idea how I'll adapt.  The area I'm moving to is full of parks and walking trails.  This is good.  My dad is very supportive and is happy to house Whiskey and the sheep.  In that way I'm blessed.  I have access to land less than 30 minutes from where I'll live.  I'll still drive the dogs out to work sheep.  I'll still drive to the grazing reserve for the dogs to run free.  I'll still love my horse(s).  I'm contemplating a cutting horse with some of my house money.  I still want to compete with the dogs.  And in an unexpected twist... I'm loving taking the agility classes with Ryder.  This is his passion.  I'll continue to take him to class and through the levels.  The joy on his face and his enthusiasm is priceless.  Diva will start the beginner class in May (personal growth for both of us). 

There is one thing for sure.  My animal adventures are going on a major change.  Look out SP.  The country bumpkins are moving in!!

1 comment:

Liz Stout said...

Super exciting!! I'm happy you're happy and having fun. =)