Sunday, September 30, 2012

Superman

My mom had had this brilliant idea to develop another flower bed along side my house.  My dad has a huge pile of sand.  Sand my mom wanted at my place.  The way the farm yard is landscaped she was able to back the truck up to the front lawn and push a wheelbarrow full of sand onto the box of the truck.  My place is flat.  Pancake flat.  Her idea?  Use a ramp to unload the full wheelbarrow so it could then be moved and dumped where the beds were to be made.  Sounds good in theory...

What really happened?

Well, standing in the box I turned the wheelbarrow and began to ease it down the ramp.  Mom, being mom, decide to "help".  Standing below the wheelbarrow she began pushing on it "to slow it down".  There I am.  Trying to keep the full wheelbarrow from flattening my mother.

Can you see where this is going?

Yes, mom jumps out of the way.  And I Superman off the edge of the truck.  Landing with my outstretched arm in the now stopped wheelbarrow.  The rest of my body piles up tangled with the arms of the barrow.  Wincing I untangle myself.

Yep, like a cartoon character I superman'd off the truck into a wheelbarrow of sand.

A couple of days later I went to the chiropractor.  Let's just say I'd been sore...  It turns out I have whiplash (who knew I flew that hard!)  and the connective tissue in my ribs is torn.  (I also have a lovely bruise across my chest.)  No running for 5 days!

The things I do...

2 comments:

Liz Stout said...

The things to do to amuse me with ridiculous cartoon-esque mental images. Glad you're okay, and thanks for the laugh. ;-)

The Wright Mommy said...

Ha ha ha!! I am sorry you got injured, but I wish I could have been there to see that!! Thanks for making me laugh out loud!!