I have decided that this will be the summer of dog. While the sale of the acreage has fluffed up my horse fund, I think I'm going to focus on one project at a time. The dogs are creeping towards four years old! And neither of them are finished stock dogs. This was not the plan... Life sure has a way of interfering with what you think you'll do. My goals for the spring/summer seasons are as follows:
1) Continue to take Ryder to agility classes. When he is ready step into competition. I'm anticipating this won't be this summer.
2) Work both dogs regularly on sheep. I think it's great exercise and great for their brains. Work on finishing both dogs. Ryder is scary close. In fact, Ryder could easily enter an arena trial or run a novice field. Diva is a little further back.
3) Get Diva entered into a trial or two. This is going to be her thing.
4) Take Diva to Gisela's classes. I think it's good for her brain, even if it's not her thing. It's the same reason Ryder will stay on sheep.
5) There's a clinic in Saskatchewan that I have my eye on...
I'll slide out to Ken's to get my horsey fix when I need it. No decisions of a horsey kind will be made until after Whiskey foals.
Welcome to the summer of dog!